Story

Ayden has always been named my 'saving grace' and now Owen has been name my 'little angel'. These two boys have saved my life!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Coupon trip today! Oct. 5, 2009

Today's Shopping Trip


Today, I saved $37.21 in my MVP Savings and $8.40 in coupons. I ended up spending $70.71 on all of this, but I got some really good deals!
Crest toothpaste was $1.75 each and I had two coupons for $1.00. Each toothpaste was only $.75 after the coupons. (Originally $3.00something per tube.)
Cheese was buy 1 get 1
Nestle cookies was 2 for $5.00 and then I saved $.55 each which made it $1.95 each
Jiffy cornmeal was 5 for $2.00 ($.40 each)
Spaghetti microwaveable was $1.00 each (had to buy 10) and then I had two coupons for $.40 off two so I saved $.80 off that ($9.20 total)
Cinnamon raisin bread was $1.70 off making it $1.99 for the loaf
Coke products was b1g1 making two 12-packs only $5.99 (good for guests or parties)
Ken's dressing was b1g1 making it 2 salad dressings for only $3.00
Panty liners were $.99 each with $.55 coupon off two. Two at $1.43
Gain detergent was $6.59 for 40 washes with $2.00 off making it $4.59 (Got this coupon in the mail!)
Cereal was b1g1 and I had $1.00 off two cereals. Two boxes came up to $2.92 after the coupon
Chicken breast is b1g1. Two bags for only $10.99
Danimals was $2.89 with $1.00 off coupon making this only $1.89
Got two sweet potatos at $1.22
And the most expensive thing I bought today was the apples. I LOVE this kind - they are called honeycrisp and I eat at least 1 a day so I bought 5 of them at $6.42

Even though I spent $70.00 on this, without the MVP card and my coupons, I would have paid $116.32. I could have doubled some coupons at Harris Teeter but it wouldn't have saved any gas money going to VA so I think today was ultimately a success.

One more most AWESOME thing going on right now at Food Lion is buy $45.00 worth of groceries (end total must be $45.00 or more) 1 time per week for 6 of 8 weeks and I get a FREE TURKEY just in time for Thanksgiving and I get a $20.00 electronic coupon off my next order (after all turkey credits are redeemed). I must say, couponing has opened my eyes and I am so excited to show Todd how much I saved today! Oh, and I got a lot of free coupons at the store too!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! I wish I were a little more diligent with clipping coupons. Keep up the good work!:)

    ReplyDelete