Thankfully,
It's Saturday.
Waking up at 0545 was not my plan for the weekend but I was able to work out and spend time with my handsome son who's continually growing. Make him stop! We received his report card this week for his first semester of 1st grade and I am proud to say he is achieving and excelling. He is above grade average and just amazes me each time I see his grades. I'll assume this came from my side, of course. My father was very smart, so I've heard (I don't remember much of him. He died when I was 12), and I'll humbly say it skipped a generation and was passed on to my awesome kid!
So, life is putting right along in the Schrader household. Todd is a stay at home dad right now and I think he's enjoying it. Lucky for him! I'm glad he's able to do what he wants.
I'm still at USTC. Things are quite different from when I first started last October. I wish things didn't change.. It's not "The change we can believe in." that's for sure. This past week several people were laid off and it just struck a nerve. I'm certainly not happy about the way things are but there's nothing I can do about it right now so I'll stay low and continue on with the fight. I've realized that no one is safe.
I'm still doing the hair thing at my house. I hope to be in a salon one day but we'll see when my desires come true. I'll sacrafice for a bit longer but I know there will be a breaking point when I say "enough is enough" and move on.
We were thinking about trying for a baby but we decided that now is not a good time. Things are crazy in our lives and we just don't think it's time for another youngin' right now. We've been trying for several months but nothing has happened. We'll give it a rest, go on with our lives and see what happens in a year or two. I'll still be young at least ;)
Today is Saturday! It is beautiful outside. I think I'll head out to VA and putt around while the boys play on the dirt bike.
Have a safe weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment