Story

Ayden has always been named my 'saving grace' and now Owen has been name my 'little angel'. These two boys have saved my life!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010 Goals! Excited to share!

So,
I made a goal one year when I was in my late teens .. I made a new years resolution, wrote a list and marked off my goals once I had finished. Too bad I don't have that list now, but 1 thing on it was to quit smoking. Yep, Angela Ruth Kennedy (at the time) smoked for 4-5 years. GROSS! I remember writing that list too. I taped it up on my closet wall so no one else could see it. Penciled off each item once it was complete. I remember it took until August of that year to quit smoking but it felt SO good to quit and I, to this day, am proud of it. My #1 way was to quit paying inside the gas station. Pay at the pump, that way I didn't have to go inside and be tempted. Silly.. but it worked for me!

This year, my goal is to read at least 6 books. I am not a reader; I do not like reading. I have already purchased 5 books so far and am anxious to get them. So, I'll need to add at least 1 more book for my goal to be complete.

My other goal - To be financially debt free! (Well, besides the house and car payments)
*Pay off the credit cards we have
*Save $10,000.00 in emergency funds

That's it. Those two goals will be met by the name of Jesus and I cannot wait to see it happen. I purchased two books this morning. "The Total Money Makeover" and "Financial Peace Revisited". http://www.daveramsey.com/store/dave-ramsey-50-percent-off/c50.html?ictid=hs1

Both books were 50% off on his website, which I was so happy to see, and with UPS shipping, it should be here beginning of the year.

I have one last goal for 2010 - to pray daily.
*For my house to be a home
*For financial peace
*For my husband to be in this with me 100%

I don't make silly goals of "I'm going to lose this much weight" or "Work out this many times a week".. I have Godly goals for 2010 and by the name of Jesus, these goals will prevail and our family will be free from credit card debt!

Now, we are not in too much debt, by any means but this burden of owing someone and then having to pay interest???? Not my cup of tea.

Lord, bless this post.. May it be fresh in my mind. Please bring someone into my life to be my accountability partner.. If he/she is already there, make their presence known in the name of Jesus. AMEN!

Happy New Year! I hope 2010 blesses you the way I know it will bless my family.

6 comments:

  1. Amen, Amen Ru!! I am right there with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't added something by Francine Rivers to your list you should!!! They all make great reads, I don't read either, and she is the only author I've been able to keep up with and enjoy. I recommend 'Redeeming Love' first and foremost, but you might have already read that, 2nd would be 'And the Shofar Blew' and thirdly would be 'the atonement child'. Let me know if you decide to read them :) good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will put one, two or all three on my list. I bought three books from proverbs31.org.
    "Confessions of an Adulterous Woman" (Which I'm going to mail my friend after I read it
    "I'll Bring the Chocolate" (Talks about finding friendship and how important it is to have Godly friends)
    "The Power of Prayer to Change Your Marriage"

    So, we'll see how it goes. I've printed off a cute copy of my 2010 goals and they will come to pass. My mom always said that if I put my mind to something, I will attain it. Power of positive thinking!

    Thanks for being my friends, ladies! I truly miss each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to visit from Mary Grace's blog. Those are certainly good goals....and Dave Ramsey will help show you how to get out of debt! I agree about Francine Rivers books....she's a great Christian fiction writer. Redeeming Love is the best! Based on the book of Hosea

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping by!!! i browse around mary grace's friends' blogs since she has so many =) i swear i had that book once and i have no clue where it is. i just might pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just one more plug for Redeeming Love, it changed my life, and the way I look at myself as being valued and loved, and how the Lord continuously chases after us to with love regardless of how many times I turn away! I can't say enough about it.

    ReplyDelete