Story

Ayden has always been named my 'saving grace' and now Owen has been name my 'little angel'. These two boys have saved my life!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

God. Tribulation. End Times?

I love reading about the 'end times' even though it freaks me out a bit. The unknown freaks me out, but I guess that's okay.

Just hearing about the black birds dropping dead in at least 2 states is creepy. Any time I hear stuff like that, I always say "It's the sign of the times." I don't know why that automatically pops into my mind.

I've never heard God. I know people who have. I don't think I've ever felt the Holy Spirit lead me because I feel as if the decisions are all mine. That, my friend, scares me to death.

How am I going to know if we are nearing the end times if I can't discern God's voice? It's confusing. It scares me.

I know where I'm going when I die. I know where my sons are going when they die (Lord, please rapture us!) I think I know where Todd's going .. I pray for him. I'm scared he isn't saved. I shouldn't post about this .. it's too personal. Please pray for him. He says he believes in God. Is that truly enough to be taken to heaven?

...

So .. have you ever heard the Lord speak to you? In an audible voice?

In your heart?

I know God brought my dad back to life .. for 6 more days he lived when he should've been in Heaven. This is how I know God is real. But, have I ever heard Him?

Scary. Isn't it?

God is a God that heals. Protects. Loves. He is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?

This is what I hold in my heart - Hope. Faith. Love.

4 comments:

  1. oh friend, you sound exactly like me. I ask the same questions. Especially during hard times, I ask them even more. I haven't heard the audible voice of God. I have felt the Holy Spirit lead me in several huge areas in my life. Those are the times I reflect back to when the difficult questions re-surface.

    Here are a few verses that always encourage me.
    Romans 1:20 Psalm 19:1-4 Ecclesiastes 3:11 Hebrews 11:6 1 peter 3:1-2

    Good post none-the-less. I think it's healthy to have a reverent fear. I think a lot of Christians today have lost the "true" fear of God that we are supposed to have. :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a chance to look up the verses but I am going to tomorrow morning.

    Thank you so much for sending them to me - I bet they will be the ones I have memorized and pray over.

    I do agree about fearing the Lord. I'm sad that no one around me even talks about church or Christ. It's time to move back home and get into a church that works for both Todd and myself.

    Anywho - It's good to constantly wonder and ask I suppose. I'd rather be constantly asking than to be complacent and like a sheep

    I love you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that I read this post: I know what my next blog topic is going to be now! I have a story to tell...Stay tuned!

    Thanks, btw, for posting on mine. I'm glad someone enjoys them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER! I can't wait to read it. I haven't been faithful to this blog so reading others' blogs and commenting more is what I want to do.

    You should post your links on your FB page if you don't already do so. Also, do you have a page counter? I don't on this one but I have an invisible one on my food blog.
    statcounter.com

    Just an idea :D

    ReplyDelete