Story

Ayden has always been named my 'saving grace' and now Owen has been name my 'little angel'. These two boys have saved my life!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

15 days old, my sweet angel

So my sweet baby boy is 15 days old today. Yay, happy half-month birthday baby! :)
I never thought I'd be a mommy again. I just didn't think that would happen with the way mine and Todd's busy lives were going. A year ago, we decided we wanted a baby so I got off of birth control. It broke me out in the worst acne I have EVER had in my life. That alone made me want to get on the pill immediately. How vain!

We tried from July-September and I didn't think we'd get pregnant but we did. I didn't realize it until one weekend, when I was alone at home with Ayden. I did not want to get off the couch that weekend. I was so sick. I thought I had a hang over to be honest with you. I only had a few glasses of wine the night before but I had never felt like that. So, I went on my day and just dealt with the blah feeling and took a good nap. The next day, we went to the dollar store to get my newspapers for the coupons and they had a pregnancy test at the register so I decided I'd pick one up. I've always heard the first morning pee was when you'd get the best reading but I decided to shower and then take the test that night. To my utter surprise and shock, I was in shock, I find out we are pregnant.

I had just gotten off the phone with him before I went to shower and I already told him goodnight. He was getting up early so I didn't think he'd answer the phone again and I didn't want to call the house phone - I wanted to talk to him only. So I called him again to let him know the good news and we both started crying. That man is so sensitive, I just love it! I talked to his parents for a quick minute and had to call everyone else that is truly my family.. I called my mom first, then my sister and then my best friend, Katie.

Without those people in my life, I don't know where I'd be. They all influence me and keep me a good woman. I will be honest and tell you that Todd and I were complacent with each other.. kind of bored with each other. No, we weren't looking for love elsewhere - just not best friends like we usually are. So, when we find out, it brought us closer together. My girlfriend at work would ask how Todd and I are doing and I would just brag at what a good daddy he's being to my little bean growing inside. I always said how wonderful he was to me and that things in our marriage were awesome..

.. I didn't think it would be better than that, but it really is. He's so good to me and to Owen and Ayden. He gets up at night with me and tries to help any way he's able to. Our marriage is thriving! You know what the old married people say.. "I love you more today than I did when we were married." Totally true. This man makes me fall in love with him all over again.

Our family is blessed. I am a blessed woman with blessed children and a blessed husband. It looks as if I will be a stay at home mommy, thanks to God for supplying us with what we need. It never fails how amazing he is to us.

We are in the process of selling our home and trying to get back down to Florida.. I can't wait to get back and get our butts into a good church.. just have to find a good one. There is a good one off Blue Angel, but it irritates Todd when the people yell out stuff when the guy is preaching. Then there's a sister church off 9-mile road. I love the music but the preaching isn't as good as the other one. We will probably try Hillcrest or somewhere else when we get settled back. We need it.

Anyway - life is good. God is good to us. We are a happy 4-some and I am truly happy.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment