My life as a parent to a new baby has been so much fun but pretty challenging. The first month of Owen's life was great! He was such a good boy and hardy cried .. he was held most of the time so I wonder why he wasn't crying. You see, we went to Florida for a week to visit my family in Pensacola and then we went to Michigan to see Todd's family for a week. Either I or my mom/sister held Owen the whole time in Florida and then I was pretty much left alone to fend for myself and the boys in MI so he was constantly held there.
We got home a week ago and boy was he fussy! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him but I just prayed over him and held him and loved on him. It's hard to keep your calm 100% of the time with someone who can't tell you what's wrong with them so thankfully my husband and sweet Ayden have been around to help and make me laugh. I figured it had something to do with him not receiving anymore breastmilk (I was in so much pain that I quit nursing/pumping). I also figured it was just gas.. then I started to let the devil in and thought it might've been colic. I was so upset that I couldn't calm him down so I called his doctor - we went in to an appointment that morning and she had us switch his formula and it looks liks that was the problem. Looks like the formula was bothering his tummy since he was getting mostly breastmilk and just a few ounces of formula at every feeding.
He's been so much more peaceful and happy .. it's a relief!
Ayden starts school on the 25th - 2nd grade! I can't believe he turns 7 on the 22nd. My life is flying by. I have decided that I will be turning in my 2 weeks notice once I get back to work at the end of September. I don't want to miss time with the boys. Thankfully, I am able to be a stay at home mom if I wanted to.
Once we sell our home here, we will be building a home in Lillian, AL. We bought almost 6 acres of land and can't wait to start building our new home! I cannot wait to get back down south. So many reasons to move there...
-My family is there
-The beach
-The "warm" winters
-I know the area
-Stores are closer than 45 minutes away
-My friends are there
-More churches to choose from
-My doctors are there (I'm picky)
I'm really hoping we can get down there this year sometime.. Praying we will.
<3 to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment