I had my 6 month appointment today and to my surprise, I gained 5 pounds in the past 4 weeks. No wonder I am so tired and my back hurt so much (the growing hoo-ha's aren't helping either). I am back on schedule to working out again. Although it hurts to walk sometimes and lift my legs past 2" off the ground (it hurts my uterus.. weird, huh?), I am determined to get out at least 5 days a week, hopefully 7 days, and start walking at least 1 mile if not more. I do not want a huge baby, I do not want to get fat, I do not want gestational diabetes, I do not want an unhealthy baby, I do not want this weight to stay with me after Owen is born. I am bound and determined, even in the summer months, to get outside like I said - 5 days a week and walk at least 1 mile. Here's to the rest of my pregnancy and not gaining so much weight.
Here's my problem. First two trimesters (27 weeks starts my third so I'm saying most of my 2nd trimester here) I haven't had a craving for sweets. I have been so hungry the past two weeks and have baked non-stop. I am contributing to my weight gain, which totally sucks. My husband is going to be my accountability partner and help me get outside and walk and to help watch what I eat. I eat snack after snack at night. I crave sweets and lots of them at night. Now I guess I'll have to cut back on baking the brownies and cakes and really focus on the natural sweets I buy at the store - ton of oranges MMMMM, strawberries MMMM, apples MMMM, apricots! I maybe need to buy more yogurt and put more peanut butter in my life. I love dipping apples, bananas and celery in peanut butter. It's going to be really hard to stay away from sweets since it's really close to me (sad). Wish me luck and a little encouragement every now and again.
Well, here's my favorite picture of my boys this weekend at the range. First time daddy and Ayden went to the range and used Ayden's gun. :) It's my fav!
You can do it!!! Just bring healthy snacks to work and dont buy junk that sits at home for you to over indulge on the weekends. Also, dont worry about the baby being big bcus you gain weight. I dont think those 2 things go hand in hand. Ive seen some WOAH MOMMA huge preggos who have 5lb babies. True story! :) Im happy you are having a healthy pregnancy and gaining weight, just monitor the sugar. LOVE YOU!!!!! xo
ReplyDeleteThank you, friend! He kinda scared me a bit but I am on the same page you are and you're right!!! LOVE YOU TOO!
ReplyDelete