Story

Ayden has always been named my 'saving grace' and now Owen has been name my 'little angel'. These two boys have saved my life!

Friday, March 5, 2010

A way to a fuller wallet!

Todd and I are back on track with our budget. For starters, I will be working part time hours starting next week (still getting paid my full time hours thankfully). With that being said, I now have the time to grocery shop after work when everyone else won't be in the store. 2 plusses there - 1 is because I have control of the coupons and budget and 2 because I get irritated and honestly cannot concentrate when there's a lot of people around. I shop best when I'm alone and can score 40%-60% savings.
I am going to start slowly with the envelop system. I am going to use cash for eating out and grocery shopping. Best part about the system is I am able to compare my coupons with the prices at the store first and then budget how much I think it will cost. It's a game for me and I love it. It truly gives me joy when I see the savings on the receipt!
Another plus to me working part time is we are now able to have Ayden come home instead of going to daycare, which saves us $280.00 a month right there!
Small, slow, baby steps - taking it one week, one newspaper full of coupons, one grocery store at a time. Sunday is fun for me. I wake up early (7am or so) and go to the gas station and pick up my papers and come home and clip and file away. I have my grocery list made and coupon savings beside the name of the item and save. But beware! Some cashiers don't scan all coupons which makes me very mad, but I normally won't cause a fuss if I notice 1 was missed. Regardless, I will be posting my savings again because I am hoping this works well as it has for us in the past.
Yay for coupons.Yay for saving.Yay =)

No comments:

Post a Comment