I feel like with all the growth physically within me that I should be happy. It's hard to be happy when my life at work, 50+ hours a week, is horrible. People, I truly am not exaggerating. It is the worst place, the worst feeling I've had about a job since I first started working.
#1, I am pregnant and working over 40 hours a week (mind you, not getting paid for it)
#2, Doing the job of 3 people and not getting paid extra - no lie
I am tired of people always asking me to do stuff for them when can't they get someone else to do it? Or better yet DO IT YOURSELF? I am tired of being upset, miserable, angry about my job. I never take a break. I am constantly stressed and I think I have hit rock bottom. The strangest part to me right now is that I am unable to cry. I usually can cry over anything, but I cannot gather up the energy or tears to cry. To me - crying releases something inside that makes me feel better - makes my burden lighter. I take deep breaths .. not good enough. I pray, I pray out of the honesty of my heart and get no relief. I'm getting up early tomorrow morning, reading the Word, going in an hour early to be alone at work, listening to some praise music and ignoring all distractions. Heck, I am going to take a lunch break for once. AMAZING! Here's my issue - We usually have at least 4 people in my department. We now are working with 2. It's very hard to do your job to the fullest when you're short staffed. I've got a possible meeting set up with the VP of HR tomorrow and I hope my list gets it through their heads that we need help and it must be immediate.
If you're a praying person reading this, please pray for peace which passes all understanding. Keep my baby healthy, help me to remember to breathe most importantly.
No comments:
Post a Comment